Friday, May 15, 2009

stand still

If ever I thought I had it in me to be a master at journaling the days of my life, this blog has surely proven me wrong. Thankfully, regular blog posting is not the standard by which thriving life is measured. If so, I have dropped off the face of the earth.

What have I been doing?


a short list:
(with a whole lot of living life between the lines)


crafting
cleaning
mothering
thinking
thinking some more
singing
budgeting
cheering
complaining
apologizing
e-mailing
wondering
talking
cooking
serving
disciplining
and
on
and
on
it
goes.


In a nut shell- the same things that all of you
(and by you I mean the two people who still read my blog)
are doing, only in a me kind of way.

No my life is not at a stand still.

though I can think of more than a few things I wish would stay still, always.

10 comments:

tharker said...

Love you.

Pure and simple.

PRP said...

I've missed you! Your words are always simple and pure and ALWAYS exactly what I need to hear.

Here's to living life!

::lindsay said...

Glad to hear things are good and you are thriving. Take care!

Jerry & Tanya said...

It will not always be so. God grants us a season to reflect on the times when things seemed to be so busy and hectic. Though things never are still they do slow down and then we look back with love and apprecaition for the blessings of every season of our lives. Oh the the wisdom of he who stills every soul.
Love Dad

Amy S said...

I miss the smell of lilacs in bloom. There's nothing better than that.

Heather said...

I'm intrigued by the complaining, you aren't a complainer. :)

Lovely Lindsay said...

i love to read you... and your dad's wise words. thanks.
love, lin

our little love nest said...

I wouldn't worry about not blogging so much. I think most people spend less time on a computer in the summer anyways....too much to do. I do love your blog though. :) (Your dad sounds like a VERY good one!) Love the lilacs...I miss them from back home.

Amy J. said...

I just called my mom at 10:30 last night to ask her how she did it. How did she juggle all the things that come with being a mom...a good mom. Cause life gets pretty crazy and those lists just seem to keep growing!

I didn't know you sing. Do you sing in a choir or just to your kids?

I loved this post.

Karen said...

Well spoken, just like dad.