Saturday, May 8, 2010

the heart speaks: mother's day



Growing Pains


He grows up taller, smarter, stronger.
I hold on tighter, harder, longer.

He's open arms, great big world in his eyes.

My heart hurts, I know how time flies.

He's full of purpose, so ready the day.

I plead just wait, you don't know the way.

He says one day you'll have to let go.
I say I know, I know, I know.



my thoughts on the bitter-sweet that is this job of mom. happy mother's day to my mom and every other mom I know. enjoy your day.

ps: mom I love you!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Kristin, this is so beautiful. You really are a talented poet.

I ADORE my new tea towel. It is hanging in my kitchen currently and you have no idea how much the phrase "sunshine regardless" means to me now. It is my new motto. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Happy Mother's Day!

Reba said...

gorgeous. happy mother's day to you, too

tharker said...

This picture is just so fitting for this poem. As I look at it, the mother in me wants to hold his hand so he doesn't fall, but I know the best thing is for him to learn to step down by himself, and if he falls, that's the only way he learns how to do it properly next time.

Oh, the tug of of the heart as our kids grow up. So exciting and yet so sad at the same time.

Love you and your talented ways!

Happy Mother's Day!

Jerry & Tanya said...

Thank you for your thoughtful reflections. I love you too, Sweetheart! Very much! Enjoy tomorrow. Dad and I will call.

Amy S said...

You're such a thoughtful/creative blogger. Can't wait to see everyone in 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

dandee said...

i feel so lucky to have such a talented + wise friend. happy mother's day to you!

Karen said...

Beautiful words. Happy Mom's day to you!

nattypants said...

I love your poem. :)