Monday, May 5, 2008

Embarrassed to Admit

This weekend I put my kids to bed and sat down on the couch thinking I would curl up and read a book. Instead I turned on the TV and found myself watching the lamest movie ever made. And yet, I continued to watch it. I kept telling myself the reason why I was still watching it was because I couldn't quite reach the remote to change the channel.


The real reason: I was just glad to be doing something completely mindless.

What movie was it?

"Honey" with Jessica Alba

I know. . .it's embarrassing. Please don't judge me.
(If my husband would have been home it would have never happened.)

And please tell me you have done the same. You know, watched a movie fully aware that you would be officially dumber for having subjected yourself to it.


If so, please use this post as a forum in which to relieve yourself of your embarrassment.

14 comments:

tharker said...

You're definitely not alone on this one. Sometimes it does feel good to do absolutely nothing productive. Good for you!

Now as for a movie that I have dumbed myself down with...there are just too many to count! I'll have to think of one for ya though ;)

Nicole said...

I watched the exact same movie on TV this weekend.Something I wouldn't rent but since it was on TV I couldn't pull myself away. I am embaressed to admit that wasn't the first time it has happened.

Alicia Leppert said...

I have totally done this!! Where I sit and roll my eyes and feel embarrassed for the people who made the movie and the actors. And yet, I'm intrigued. By the pretty people and the cheesy dialog and the absence of anything resembling a plot. It's called a "guilty pleasure" and we've all done it. I never saw Honey, but I know this would have SO been a guilty pleasure. This is extra funny to me because I actually was just talking about this movie to someone a few days ago.

::lindsay said...

Yeah, I've been known to do that too. When I was pregnant with Chloe and had morning sickness like crazy, Jared took the kids to ML without me. I watched a marathon of bad movies on TV, including Chasing Liberty with Mandy Moore and Drive Me Crazy with that girl from Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Yeah, that's 4 hours I'll never get back, but just so you know, I did draw the line at Crossroads with Britney Spears.

dandee said...

After Audrey was born I watched a lot of mindless TV. Baby Boom was a favorite.

Marilyn said...

I'm pretty sure every mother has indulged in some mindless TV or movie. It is so easy to just veg on the couch and be still when you are an exhausted mom.

PRP said...

Um, I've seen Crossroads Linds and it rocked...

Has anyone ever seen The Pallbearer?? Seriously the worst movie ever made. And starring Gwenyth Paltrow no less! I so dumbed myself down for that one. But at least Brad watched it with me!

Ashley said...

um... i like this movie!! Haha, okay she is a terrible actor.. but i love hip hop dancing! My recommendation for the next mindless movie: Step up 2!

Kate said...

That definatly is the lamest movie ever :) Almost worse than the movie New York Minute :)
But I will agree with you...I would take a mindless activity doing nothing and not thinking over a stressful activity every once in a while.
Hope you enjoyed yourself!

cate create said...

Yep, done it. Have you recently watched an 80's movie that you loved when you were younger? It sure is an eye opener to see something you thought was so good and then realize how lame it really is, and wonder, like you said, am I a little bit dumber for watching this?

Lovely Lindsay said...

i could watch "encino man" a gazillion times over and over. i've even got lines memorized. now if that isn't an entire bin full of brain juice just being wasted up in my head - then i don't know what is.
love, lindsay

Heather said...

brain juice?? hilarious!

i've done it but can't recall any specifics at the moment.

Karen said...

This happens to me more than I would like to admit!

Casey said...

3 words, "From Justin to Kelly", oops, well, I guess I just proved that American Idol really does cause more brain damage than lead based toys from China.