Friday, February 6, 2009

roots

I've been meaning to do this for awhile. A way for my kids to put faces to names of great and even greaters from our family tree.

(love the top left picture of my grandma betty. so vogue.)


Sort of a mixed media way to present things. I plan to do something similar to represent all sides of our family.

I imagine they will ask who is who and I will tell them. They have a legacy second to none and I want them to know it.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Love the vintage display of our genes! Really cool!

Mandy Rasmussen said...

Love it! I have done this for both sides of our family! The kids love it-it's helped them know where they come from and neat stories of thier ancestors!!

PRP said...

That is awesome! What a great idea to make the people of the past feel very real to your kids. You're genius!

tharker said...

You and Karen both look a lot like your grandmother. She's gorgeous!

I can't wait to see both sides of your family all finished. This is a great idea.

Brook said...

What priceless pictures! I love the way you put them together.I'm going to work on getting me some pictures so we can do that same thing!!

Suz said...

How creative. I love it, and our genes!

Heather said...

Wow, you look a lot like your grandma! Great idea.

dandee said...

I love all of the details. Printing on fabric...red poppies...little bird...

Really, it's perfect!

AOlson said...

This is amazing. You are so creative. What a great way to display family.

Jamie said...

Very nice! What a great idea.

Marilyn said...

I really really love this and I have tons of old photos, but had no great ideas on how to present them...until now. Thanks for the inspiration.