Tuesday, February 17, 2009

surprise!

They were off to the MTC. They thought they had said their final good-byes to each of us, but they were mistaken. My siblings and I surprised my parents this weekend by showing up in SLC to give my Mom and Dad a proper MTC send off. To quote my Dad, it was
"the surprise of a lifetime."



my dad...speechless.


my mom...teary.


the mtc






Elder and Sister Elmer with a future missionary.


I will miss them while they are away, but I smile when I think on all the experiences they will have as they search out those who are looking for more. I have no doubt there will be some who will be forever changed for having crossed paths with these two people. I am proud to claim them as mine and I imagine that He...is even prouder.

14 comments:

tharker said...

I kept thinking of your parents this weekend and the surprise that was awaiting them. I'm so happy that you all were able to do this for them.

Your parents will be fantastic missionaries. The people of San Jose are in for a treat!!!

Suz said...

It worked! Way to go, JB Elmer kids. You rock! I love all the pics. Your mom looks great in her red blazer. I have to say my favorite pics are the last one with Cody and the one with everyone in front of the world.

May our bonds grow tighter as we lean on each other and support them as they serve. San Jose doesn't know what sunshine is coming their way.

Love ya, Aunt Wuzzy

Wendi said...

That's really cool that you guys were able to do that for your parents. Have I told you that Mike's cousin Logan is in the San Jose mission right now?

Unknown said...

those are great photos! man, it was so hard to keep it a suprise!

leigh said...

I am SO bummed that I didn't get to see you guys! I'm glad I only have to wait a few more months.

leigh said...

I am SO bummed that I didn't get to see you guys! I'm glad I only have to wait a few more months.

PRP said...

What an incredible surprise! That must have meant the world to them. Clearly you come from an amazing family.

Audrey said...

what a great surprise! your parents will make the best missionaries and i'm sure they will love serving in san jose.

dandee said...

So happy you were all able to enjoy some time together. Your family amazes and inspires me. I love them.

Amy said...

I'm so glad you got to go. That is awesome.

Karen said...

It was the best weekend! I keep replaying it in my head.

Amy S said...

Thats awesome that all your siblings were able to come. Everyone looks great! The last pic with Cody makes me want to squeeze him. I can't wait to see you guys again.

Cyd said...

What fun! How long will your parents be at the MTC? Since I now live in Utah - still not a reality!! - maybe we will drop off some treats or something!

Hope you had a good birthday! Kept thinking about you all day, just didn't quite get beyond the thinking part - working on that!!!

Lee said...

How exciting for your parents, and what a great example for their grandkids. I love that you suprised them. Too fun!!