Thursday, April 2, 2009

i love this

birds at home

i thought this photography was brilliant. it is true to life, but in no way lacking in artistry.

new baby

cupcake

Julie Blackmom is the photographer and here is what she says about her work:

The stress, the chaos, and the need to simultaneously escape and connect are issues that I investigate in this body of work. We live in a culture where we are both “child centered” and “self-obsessed.” The struggle between living in the moment versus escaping to another reality is intense since these two opposites strive to dominate.

my thoughts exactly. cool to see the struggle brought to life in such creative form.

2 comments:

tharker said...

This photography is so cool!

It is such a fine line for me too. I love being inside these walls with my little family, but oh how I NEED to get out sometimes too. I guess it's a good example of opposition in all things ;)

Karen said...

I love her perspective! The vintage style of that house is super cool!