Monday, October 27, 2008

i gave her this

My Brynn is always so good at giving me all kinds of little notes. I have a stack that I have saved in a keepsake box. They usually go something like this:

Dear Mom,
I know I love you.
Love, Brynn.

So I decided to take a second and write her a quick note. It went like this:


Now I would like to say that, after opening my note to her, Brynn ran upstairs and placed it in a safe place where she could always look at it. However the truth is, she opened it, said "Thanks Mom!" and then jumped down from the kitchen table in some kind of hurry, tossing her card in her half eaten plate of syrup covered pancakes.

Not the warm and fuzzy moment I had hoped for, but she did say "Thanks," or was that a thanks for pouring her more orange juice? Oh, well. Either way, I'll take it.

11 comments:

AOlson said...

This was so sweet of you to write her a note too. Someday she'll be more sentimental of it, I am sure. What a good example you are, I think I will go and write Kayla a note, too.

PRP said...

That is adorable. I remember when I used to write Spence notes in his lunch and I imagined him reading them at the lunch table brimming with love for his mom...in truth, he finally asked me to stop writing them because all the other kids made fun of me for doing it. Again, not the moment I hoped for but someday they'll appreciate it!

dandee said...

I love the picture. It's perfect!

Alicia Leppert said...

I love your curly hair in your self-portrait! What a sweet note. It seems like that's always how it happens...you finally do something you think your child has always dreamed of, or at least will love, and they're like, "eh." It's happened to me, many a time. Keep the note. In ten years she'll cherish it. Okay, maybe twenty.

Amy Jo said...

I love the note! I used to write notes everyday on the napkins of my kids lunches. Just to let them know how much I loved and missed them. That is until my then kindergardener said, " are you going to write something on my napkin? Embarrassing!" You can guess who that was.

Suz said...

Cute Brynn! Cute note!

tharker said...

"but she did say 'Thanks', or was that a thanks for pouring her more orange juice?"

So cute!

She's lucky to have such a sweet mom!

Marilyn said...

Ummm, your handwriting and drawing are too perfect for words. Seriously. If I could write and draw that cute, I would write more notes to my loved ones too.

Amy said...

How sad! But that is so sweet that she writes you notes. Liah writes me invitations to her imaginary princess parties.

::lindsay said...

That is an adorable note! I, too, put a few notes in Carson's lunch but he also asked me to stop doing it. Hey diplomatically said, "Hey, I was wondering if I could just leave my notes here at home or you could just write it and leave it here. I don't want it in my lunch box."

Jamie said...

this is how many of my daydreams end up. So glad I'm not the only one.