Last night I laid in bed thinking about my day. Mostly my kids sense they are my day. I recalled him asking me and telling me lots of things (he is my talker after all.) Some of his thoughts I remember...some I don't quite recall. Did I answer him when he asked me that? Did he say something about this? Did I even make eye contact with him when he told me that? I was so busy running around doing Mom things, I may have forgot to actually be a Mom. I wish he was awake right now so we could talk. I want to know everything about his times test, what funny thing Ben did on the playground, which lego set is his favorite now, and why batman villians are so cool.
"won't be nine forever mom."
New Year's Resolution #4: Put the laundry basket down and more fully engage with my little people.




7 comments:
I want to cry reading this, because I could have written it. It has been my resolution as of late. I do this very thing every single night of my life--lie there (wide awake) and replay my day and all the feelings of inadequacy and failure as a mother attack me and I usually cry. Why is that? I just pray and pray to do better tomorrow. Do better. Be better. My goal in life. Glad to know I'm not alone. Makes me think maybe I'm not a horrible, awful mother, maybe I'm just sort of...normal.
Sweet tender Brock. He loves you so much!
You are a brilliant mother, and your kids know it.
I think your title of this post sums it all up perfectly. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one that does this.
You are such a great mom, Kristin!
Out of all the mothers I know, you are the best at really listening to your children. You're a great example to me.
And that picture!? Forget about it! Ladies, lock up your daughters.
You truly are a great mom Kristin. I am glad you posted this becasue it sounds like there are a lot of us who feel this way. We will do better to tomorrow:)
"more fully engage"
seriously.
you should hear me all.day.long. "just a minute - hang on - give me a second"
before i know it, it's bedtime.
****
i will take more time to listen to my boy. and really HEAR him. thanks for this little sweetness.
love, lindsay
Post a Comment