Every once in awhile I try to read something other than my kids' homework and my bank statement. My time to read is minimal. I try to choose wisely.
"Away down below now, single file on the path, comes a woman with four girls in tow, all of them in shirtwaist dresses. Seen from above this way they are pale, doomed blossoms, bound to appeal to your sympahties. Be careful. Later on you'll have to decide what sympathy they deserve."
The Posionwood Bible Barbara Kingsolver
Book club is at my house tomorrow tonight. I am wondering what everyone else thought of Mrs. Kingsolver's novel.




5 comments:
This is one I've been wanting to read. I need to pick it up next time I'm at the library.
I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on it.
Ugh! Yet another book I am dying to read but can't until I've plowed my way through the one I'm working on now. What a fun book club.
Ohhh - I LOVED that book. What a fun pick for bookclub.
I am reading that now...if I could finish it in time, I would invite myself over to your book club gathering, but alas, I still have a long way to go.
But I loved that opening paragraph, it intrigued me and pulled me in.
Seriously? I'll have to pick this one up again. Maybe I'll appreciate it now that I'm more mature (wink, wink)
Post a Comment