Monday, March 16, 2009

circa "a really long time ago"

I am having way too much fun with this family history project. These are just of a few of the pieces to my project.

(a few photos from my dad's side)

(A few vintage adds and a little help from picasa 3.)

A few of you have asked me how I do my picture editing. Picasa is my best friend. It is a free downloadable photo editing program from google. So easy and makes the pictures I take look better than they really are. Oh how I love anything that makes me look better than I really am!

7 comments:

leigh said...

don't you love that photo of poppy and grammy, it's so cute how he's looking at her! lovely editing too. maybe i'll try it someday.

Kate said...

I am doing some family history stuff too with pictures...I may have you show me how to use the picasa thing, because I cannot figure it out for the life of me!
I love old pictures, and I love how you edited them.
Hope you had a good weekend!

Suz said...

I love how Chuck is looking at Dorothy. Look at her, to look that great after having 5 boys. WOW!
Kristin, I can't wait to see the final project this summer.

tharker said...

Such cute pictures! I can't wait to see more of your project.

I'm going to have to try out Picasa, because goodness knows I could use some help in the photo dept.

Amy J. said...

Did I miss something? What exactly is your Roots project cause it looks great!

A Girl Named Me said...

i love how your poppy is totally in love with grammy

sweet picture

xoxo
AGirlNamedMe

Jamie said...

That's really great! I also love that picture of Grammy and Poppy.