Wednesday, March 11, 2009

simple enough

This week I heard an inspired man say (in so many words):

There is a measure of spirituality required to simplifiying our lives.

Why is that?
Maybe because we are human and our wants, needs, could dos, should dos, and will dos get arranged, rearranged, ignored and wrongly prioritized on a daily basis. There are times when simplifiying and/or finding balance is straight HARD. Here's a thought for today:

I wonder what my Wednesday "to do" list would look like if He took pen to pad and wrote it for me.

Today I am going to try to pay attention to the nudges that He gives me to cross off and re-write my "to do" list the way He would. After all, He is the master of time management and has and always will have my best most eternal interests at heart.

things are looking "less" already, stole my 'm' on the sly

And if I am having trouble listening to His nudges. I have no doubt there are a few others who are more than willing to help me in my efforts to s.i.m.p.l.i.f.y.

13 comments:

PRP said...

love it, love it, love it.

you rock.

Stacia said...

So true. We let our lives get cluttered with so much.

Thanks for the reminder.

dandee said...

I love the pictures and your wise words.

Simple is better. {repeat}

tharker said...

I need to heed this advice too. Thanks, Kristin!

Amy J. said...

Kristen...that airplane photo is awesome! It needs to be made into a Mormonad! I love it!

Cheryl said...

How great this post is! Love you and your creative talents.

Lovely Lindsay said...

your blog is making me so happy these days. love, lindsay

::lindsay said...

I love your picture too. This is something I think we all deal with on a daily basis. Thanks for the reminder.

Ms. Kristen said...

I want to know how you wrote on your photo? Photo shop?

Yes, I need to simplify!

I learned a hard lesson once...."Its ok to say...."NO"

Have a fabulous weekend!

stylist to the stars said...

I am a little behind on reading blogs and came to yours :)

You are so insightful. Love the confessions post (made me smile)

Jerry & Tanya said...

I love this post, Kristin. I'm learning alot about this on my mission.

Lee said...

Kristin this is great!! I love what you have to say. I should read this often.

Jamie said...

Lovely thought! Your pictures really add to your thoughts. Its amazing you can say something wonderful in a few words. I usually think a lot of words before a come to any great conclusion.