Monday, June 9, 2008

On a Rare Occasion

On a rare occasion we stay home for Sunday dinner (aka: my in-laws were out of town.) However, there was no need for panic because I still didn't have to cook dinner. Lucky me! My husband, always the Scout Master, experimented with his dutch oven yet again. The end result was perfection. Thanks hun!



On the menu:

*dutch oven chicken
*biscuits
*steamed broccoli




And of course some Sunday night football.


(please don't mind the forest of weeds growing in the sandbox. It's somewhere on my "to do" list. Most likely at the bottom.)


9 comments:

Jamie said...

This post is making me hungry. You're a lucky girl to not have had to make so many Sunday dinners. Way to go!

tharker said...

That looks delicious! Rob is becoming quite the dutch oven chef! That cobbler was yummy!

dandee said...

My favorite Sundays are spent at home with our little family. No rushing around to make dinner plans. Just time at home with my favorite people.

::lindsay said...

How nice you didn't have to make dinner! It was a real dinner too! When Jared makes dinner, it's like eggs or mac & cheese.

Heather said...

Nice Linds. Dutch oven sounds so good. Maybe we'll do that this weekend.

Karen said...

Rob, where's the fish? I love when Rob makes fish! Although the dutch oven chicken looks tempting! Fun Sunday!

Toni said...

looks like too much fun!! mind if we come over rob and maybe you can fix us some chicken and cobbler! and if it's not too much, maybe he could pick us some of those fresh washington apples to make that cobbler... down here we've learned to accept the imported produce. jk rob!

Carly Andelin said...

Yummy dinner! I'm sure it was great! And I heard your baby turned--yay! Good job baby! Have fun on your trip this weekend!

jennis said...

Can you expect anything other than perfection when it comes to Rob's cooking? (I'm sure he doesn't accept anything less!) So... the next time we come to Pasco, I'll make sushi and Rob can make some dutch oven chicken?? :)