Saturday, September 13, 2008

thoughts from the otherside of bowl of ice cream #3


Feeling that I may have gone overboard, but my 3 year old conquered his fear of the toilet after well over a week of struggle and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate. "Mom," he said, "I pooped on the potty and I'm not freaking out!"

Last bite of ice cream, bowl#3...here's to patience, frustration, failure, and finally success!

8 comments:

Lee said...

Yay for pooping on the toilet! That is GREAT! And ice cream.. cookies.. toys.. whatever it takes!

Ms. Kristen said...

That is the best accomplishment a mother and son could ever ask for!

Karen said...

3 bowls of ice cream... well deserved! Good job Cole! I'M SO happy you conquered the big bowl. One less poopers to change. Kristin, that deserves a bowl of ice cream for you too! Can't wait to see you! Buble tickets are in hand.

PRP said...

That is awesome and hilarious all at the same time. Good job buddy!

dandee said...

SO proud of you Cole. And you too, Kristin!

Jerry & Tanya said...

Cole, we are so proud of you. You did it! What a big boy you are becoming. Treats for you and Mom when you come to Texas. Way to go, Mom. I ate a bowl of ice cream myself just to celebrate your 3rd victory.

tharker said...

Ice cream sounds like the perfect reward for poops with no freak outs! Love that boy!

jennis said...

SO glad to hear that Cole did much better than Q with the pooping! It's definitely something to celebrate that BOTH of them now use the toilet for all of their business!!! Maybe we need to have some ice cream too... :)