Sunday, April 13, 2008

Famous



Famous for what?
Everyone's eyes on me.
What shall I perform?
What will my talent be?

Crisp, immaculate house.
Balanced meal, 5 o'clock.
Neatly folded laundry.
Partner for every sock.

Applause! Applause!
But wait, I'm so much more.
Me, a shaper of souls.
Little ones, numbering four.

And if famous for only this,
Content I will be.
Four souls to my charge,
Lord's eyes on me.

13 comments:

Suz said...

That is so cool. You have great insight.

Alicia Leppert said...

You're writing skills are amazing. I am so envious. And how on earth did you get your name on a star like that?! I need one!

PRP said...

Great poem and so completely true. You have a talent!

Karen said...

In the words of Paula Abdul on "You are a Shining Star"! Love this poem that probably rolled right off your tongue with no thought. I think I'll take it and post it on my blog. Oh, except I don't have 4 kids. Maybe you could right one for me. Love you.

Heather said...

You are too sophisticated for me, how are we even friends? :)

tharker said...

I love this. I keep thinking about your comment in Relief Society yesterday about your life having substance when you serve. I think you definitely have substance, girl! You are wonderful.

::lindsay said...

I love your poem, Kristin!

Jerry & Tanya said...

I love your perspective. Your right on! Take it from someone that knows, my four children are my masterpieces, and my greatest contribution to mankind. They are also my best friends! I love you!

meohmyers said...

Love this poem!!! It could be published somewhere. So true and so applicable to moms everywhere. Love it.

Suz said...

I was showing Kendall your poem and I said I think I'll write a poem. She said you did, remember Cabella's. Kristin I always new you wanted to be like me. LOL

Toni said...

a sharper of souls... thanks for inspiring me. It's nice to know that the lord's eyes are the only ones that really truly matter! (especially since my laundry has yet to be folded!!!!)

dandee said...

How do you do it? That was so lovely, simple, and deep all at the same time. Thank you.

Marilyn said...

Did you really write that? I am way impressed. I had no idea you were so talented in the writing department.