I found this movie on my cousin Leigh's blog and I can't stop thinking about it. (This might be due to the fact that today I needed something more in this brain of mine other than Curious George and how to make the perfect PB&J.) If you have a few minutes to spare, watch this short film about our super consuming society and let me know what you think. It's fast moving and really makes you think about all the "stuff" we have, where it came from and why we bought it in the first place. Not to mention what happens to it when we throw it out, only to run out and buy more "stuff."


(Just push play towards the top of the site and the movie will start.)




10 comments:
Thank you Kristin, that was very powerful and in fact, I will post this on my blog today, so that more people will get the chance to view it.
Government=EVIL Capitalism=EVIL.MMMWWAAAHAHAHAHAH Don't ever buy anything its all TOXIC!! What about all the TOXIC products that she used to make the movie and post it on the internet? oh man that was an awesome video!
b.rad's comment is cracking me up.
Thanks for sharing this Kristin. I need to not be such a wasteful person. It's scary how much "stuff" we have.
Dear b.rad-
Although I agree with what you are saying, I think this video has some really good points. Capitalism is not evil, but capitalists fueling this out of control fire of material over consumption is. However, I appreciate your opinion and the humble way in which you share it. Just remember you are still my little brother and I can take you any day of the week. . .or tell Mom and Dad on you!
Love You,
k.shizle
b.rad how do you really feel?! The consumption and dispol part of this video struck a chord with me. I totally agree with the part about people being valued by how much "new stuff" they have. Eye opening video indeed. B.rad, I won't be so bold to say that I could kick your trash, because I was never good at that. I'm better at telling Mom and Dad on you! Love, k.shizle numero dos
Bummer, I hate that blogger doesn't let you fix spelling errors. DISPOSAL
I watched this video the other day, and I can't stop thinking about it! Thanks Kristin.
Thanks for sharing Kristin! How sad is it that it took me like 5 different times to finish that video!
By the way, I was wondering if I could borrow a few books from you that we had talked about. Maybe either A Tree Grows in Brooklyn or the Color of Water?
Jeff sent me that movie a while ago it really makes me want to move to the woods and live on nothing, I kind of say that a lot though, I think I have a secret desire to be hippy-amish.
Thanks for doing a better post on this than me. I only got 2 comments and you may be the only one who watched the movie.
I've been feeling guilty for a few years about all that I waste. Money, time, food, stuff. It was good to feel even guiltier after watching the movie.
But really - I could be better at not wasting so much.
Post a Comment