Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm All About Them Words. . .

I always enjoy reading the funny words that all of your kids say. Here are a few funny words from my house as of late:


Cole: "Mom, your belly is too tall to fit in this house."

(Apparently tall=ginormous to Cole. I have to admit I perfer tall.)



Brynn: "Are there tornado's here?"
Me: "No."
Brynn: "Are there any in Texas?"
Me: "Yes."
Brynn: "I don't want to live in Texas."
Me: "Why? You are afraid of tornados?"
Brynn: "YES! I don't want to get twisted all up!"

(DUHH, MOM!)



Brynn: "Mom. Guess what colors I am thinking of. They both start with P."
Me: "Pink and Purple."
Brynn: "No. Purple and Purple-ish red-ish."

(How did I not get that right?)




Brock: "Cole give me back my slinky!"
Cole: "Brock. . .take a deep breath!
Stop crying. I'm taking the slinky away."

("take a deep breath" is what I say to my kids when they are loosing it. Cole has heard this once or twice before.)




Cole spys an FJ while we are driving in the van.
Cole: "Mom there's Dad!"
Rob: "Cole. . .that's not me. I'm right here driving."
Cole: "Oh. . .(laughing hysterically) Dad's right here!"

(Dad has been gone a lot lately. We aren't use to having him around. Even if he may be driving the car we are sitting in.)




14 comments:

jennis said...

I'm with Brynn. I don't want to get twisted all up either!

tharker said...

My favorite posts are always about the funny things kids say. Cole is so funny. I can totally see him cracking up after realizing that dad is in the car.

Brynn has a good point about tornados ;)

::lindsay said...

That Cole is a funny kid. My favorite is "Take a deep breath..."

Marilyn said...

Kristen, those are hilarious and I never tire of hearing the cute things kids say.

That last one from Cole about the FJ is hilarious!

Heather said...

Yeah I assume every burgundy FJ is Rob too. Me and cole are two peas in a pod.

Suz said...

Ok whats and FJ? Help out the twisted Texan.

PRP said...

Love the comment about Rob. Hilarious!

Kids constantly amaze me by showing us little parts of their brains. I love it!

dandee said...

Take a deep breath...hilarious!

jennis said...

I'll help you out, Suz. Try http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/ BTW, we need to have synchronized visits to Pasco sometime, or Jared needs to find a conference to go to in Dallas! Maybe both...

Karen said...

It makes me wonder how much more colorful your life will be with number 4. I'm sure that baby will come out with something to say.

Toni said...

Brynn... how are going to convince your dad to move his family, their entire life, and his dental practice if you're afraid of tornados? they don't bite!

and cole... I love you!! say something funny about me!

Suz said...

Thanks Jennis (I hate it when I realize I am getting old and really out of it) Get ready because it happens right as your kids become teenagers.

If we ever get to Pasco, which Kendall is dying to get there, you'll have to come.

If you blog, send me your address, I would love to see pics of K and Q.

suzannesemones@gmail.com

Lovely Lindsay said...

that cole of yours cracks. me. up. where did you get him?!

naturaljoy said...

Right after I had Elias Faith told asked why I still looked like I had a baby in there, she continued to for a while. Just the boost I needed.