I am one who was born to goodly parents. Today I celebrate this goodly parent because it is his BIRTHDAY!
Here are a few things I love about my Dad:
*He makes the best buttermilk pancakes.
(Mom yours are a close second.)
*He introduced me to Billy Joel.
(not literally, just his music. Although that would have been more than cool!)
*He can be found sitting in the audience at a Broadway musical, or in some remote part of Alaska fishing across stream from a wild brown bear. He is man enough to be comfortable doing either!
*He always knows what to say and when to say it.
*He always knows what to say and when to say it.
* He thinks I am a good cook!
(I know...can you believe it!)
* He adores my Mom.
*He grew-up with practically nothing and worked hard his whole life to have a small measure of financial success.
(Early retirement looks good on you Dad!)
*He taught me that the best things come to those who wait patiently.
(this I learned from him after logging in many hours on a lake in a boat waiting for that rod to bend.)
*He is the male version of Martha Stewart in more ways than I think he would care to admit.
(I still want him to make me one of his Christmas wreaths.)
*He has and will always be there for me no matter what.
Happy Birthday Dad!




8 comments:
You sound like you have one awesome dad!
Spencer and I both love your dad. And I can promise that Spencer doesn't just like him for the fishing!
Your dad is such a kind man, and I have always been touched by his thoughtfulness. Every time that your parents come to visit, he always seeks me out at church just to see how our little family is doing. And he ALWAYS asks about Jake. I can't tell you how much that means to me, that he even remembers my son's name.
He is a wonderful man, and you are so blessed to call him dad!! I hope he has a wonderful birthday.
Happy Birthday to YOUR Dad! I've never met him but he must be pretty great to have had a hand in helping you become who you are. I love the Martha Stewart thing that is priceless!!
I've heard great things about your dad, one of which is that he is very generous.
I wish him a Happy Birthday!
Ditto all of that. Love you too dad! I can't tell dad how much I love him without telling mom too. They are one in the same. Dad wouldn't be who dad is without mom, and mom wouldn't be who mom is without dad.
Happy Birthday Jerry! May you have all the Diet Coke your heart desires.
Tell Jerry we love him and happy birthday. I hope he is enjoying all his dental work!
hey kristin, if he's still there, tell him I say "happy birthday" too.
Post a Comment