Monday, March 10, 2008

Where Have All the Cartoons Gone?

I take issue with some of the cartoons on T.V. these days. What happened to all the good ones? The ones I used to wake-up to watch at the crack of dawn on Saturdays. Anyway, I was printing some coloring pages off the internet for my kids and found this website that has vintage coloring pages! I found pages with some of the cartoons I used to watch and pages with some of the toys I used to play with. I'm not quite sure my kids liked them as much as I did. In fact, I pretty sure they thought it wierd when I went searching for their crayons.
*Smurfs (one of my favorites)

*She-Ra (come on. . . you know you watched it too! Who didn't aspire to someday become a Princess of Power???)

*old school Strawberry Shortcake


*Rainbow Brite

11 comments:

tharker said...

I love those old school cartoons. My kids really loved it when we had Boomerang, and so did I. There just aren't any good cartoons on anymore.

And I definitely wanted to be She-Ra when I was a kid!!

Thanks for the link.

Heather said...

Cool coloring pages... what about the Snorks? Did you watch that one, or Gummi Bears?

Suz said...

Dream of being She-Ra , of course. In my own little world, I am, Woman of Power. Like I said in my own little world.

Thanks for making me laugh.

Ashley said...

I always slept in on saturdays (still do). You know it's bad when your husband works all night and then you still both wake up at the same time on saturdays!

polka dots said...

Heather- I remembered the Snorks, but I had totally forgotten about Gummi Bears!!!

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

I can't wait to download some of these! Thanks for the link. I agree that the cartoons now just aren't as wholesome as they used to be!It seems like the only good stuff is on during the weekdays on disney and pbs but Saturdays kinda stink. I guess the new strawberry shortcake is on and carebears but still... It sorta makes you wonder what kinda stuff is going to be out there for our grand kids...

Lee said...

Ohh.. Smirfs. Seriously they rock. She-Ra.. I thought I was She-Ra. And I wanted to marry He-Man. Love it!

Casey said...

I LOVED rainbow brite!
Amanda

tharker said...

Except, wasn't He-Man She-ra's brother, or was it her cousin? Either way...ewwww!

dandee said...

I love vintage cartoons. My children laugh the most when they are watching Tom and Jerry. They NEVER laugh at shows that try so hard to be educational. What ever happened to kids just being able to relax and enjoy some down time?

leigh said...

I loved seeing the Smurfs page. I haven't seen them in forever!

(my mom, of course, wouldn't let me watch She-Ra)